I did invest in that wonderful stitchpedia [The Big Book of Crochet Stitches] and to facilitate my crochet-life on the go, I made some samples and re-typed the pattern. No intention to plagia or anything: it’s just for my own convenience instead of carrying that book with me.
Here is my sample of the two on two pattern of page 62.
Chain any multiple of 4 + 1
- Row 1 – SC in 2nd chain from hook and in every chain across. Chain 1 and turn.
- Row 2 – SC in the first 2 stitches then *CH 2, skip the next 2 stitches, SC in the next 2 and repeat the sequence. End with CH 2, skip 2 and SC in last stitch. Chain 3 [counts as 1st DC in next row].
- Row 3 – DC in next stitch then *CH 2, DC in next 2 SC and repeat across. Chain 1 and turn.
- Row 4 – SC in the first 2 DC then * CH 2, SC in next 2 DC and repeat across. End with SC in 3rd chain of turning chain. Chain 3 and turn.
- Pattern: repeat rows 3 – 4.