I can proudly say that it is the first time that I manage to finish a project without having to frog it many times along the way… and that looks super good!
I had some difficulties – mea culpa, I am still a novice – to get started with the written pattern but luckily the author had posted a shaky video that put me on the right path.
Here is the version of the pattern in my own words for future reference – If you intend to do this shawl, please refer to the original free pattern [‘Margaret’s Hug’ Prayer / Healing Shawl]. Remember, this blog is for my personal use on the go, to ease my life …
- Round 1 – Chain 4 [counts as first stitch] then 3 DC in 4th chain from hook, chain 3 again, 4 DC in same chain, turn [= 11 stitches]
- Round 2
- Chain 3 [counts as first stitch] 3 DC in same stitch as chain 3
- In the next chain 3 space, work [1 DC, chain 1, 1 DC, chain 3, 1 DC, chain 1, 1 DC].
- Skip the next 3 stitches and in the last chain, work 4 DC [= 17 stitches].
- Round 3
- Chain 3 [counts as first stitch], 3 DC in same st as chain 3 then
- * 3 DC in the next space between stitches of the previous row * Repeat until the corner
- In the corner space, work [3 DC, chain 3, 3 DC]. Repeat until the last cluster;
- In the very last space of the last cluster, work 4 DC, turn (23 stitches)
- Round 4
- Chain 3 (counts as first stitch), 3 DC in same stitch as chain 3 then * [1 DC, 1 ch, 1 DC] in the next sp between stitches of the previous row * repeat from * to * to corner where in the chain space you need to work [1 DC, 1 ch, 1 DC, ch, 3, 1 DC, 1 ch, 1 DC].
- Repeat * to * again to final the stitch; work 4 DC into final stitch, turn (29 stitches)
- Round 5 to 40
- Repeat alternate rows of rows 3 and 4, turn. [Each row increases by 6 stitches (245 stitches)].
I used pure merino wool, worsted Malabrigo yarn (made in Uruguay) in #512 Chestnut with a 6 mm hook. I just have to think to hand wash it and dry flat it …
Today – 12/16/2016 – I gave it to my friend Fabienne. She loved it so much that I thought it was going to be a good reminder of me when she moves back to France in the Summer if 2017