A crazzzy project that I started in the early Spring of 2014. I saw this beautiful as-we-go stripey blanket, and decided to do my own. King size. Yes, no less.
Today, almost one year later, I have decided to quit this blanket as I would never use it on my own bed anyway. Also after such a long break first because I needed to order new colors then because I was suffering from my shoulder/elbow, I don’t feel it anymore. Instead, I will create a blanket for the guest bedroom, following another [much simpler] pattern, using the same yarn [Double Knit Special by Stylecraft – skeins of 100 gr/295 m | 100% premium acrylic]. Now that I am more experienced, surely it will turn out beautifully.
My original blanket of 402 chains, as shown in the slideshow below, included:
- puff stitches in pale rose (#1080)
- a row of DC in burgundy (#1035)
- row of DC in spring green (#1316)
- 2 rows of lemon peel stitches in Candy floss (#1230)
- Catherine Wheel stitches have been added with a bigger crochet
- 3 rows of Granny Squares stitches
- weavie stitch
- granite/moss stitch
- linen stitch [I think for row #42]
- and some ‘bullet holes’ like my daughter like to call those paint splashes ….
After a 6-year break, I am back … It’s now winter 2020. A few rows of uggly colors got added. It’s long long long process that I am not really enjoying. To be honest.