I had so much fun doing this blanket for Lukas that I decided to use the same pattern to make a huge stole for my mama. And it is huge: she can completely snuggled in.
- 8 mm crochet hook
- 18 skeins of Scheepjes Stone Washed [50 gr] – color code: 853 Amazonite
- Total weight: 894 grams for an end result of 188 x 71 cm.
Scheepjes Stone Washed XL: yarn weight: aran | texture: cotton yarn with a tough name and a soft, woolly feel | yardage/meters: yards (75 meters) | skein weight: 50 grams ( ounces) | gauge: 14 stitches, 19 rows to 10 cm on 5 mm needles | recommended hook size: 5 mm | content: 70% Cotton x 30% Acrylic | care: 40 C, cold water.
The chosen pattern comes from Liam’s Blanket by Tia Davis and it’s pretty easy: a mix of single crochet combined with double crochet.
- Chain 102
- Row 1: [1 sc, 1 DC] in second chain from hook, *skip next chain, [1 sc, 1 DC] in next chain; repeat from * to end of row, chain 1, turn.
- Row 2: skip first stitch, [1 sc, 1 DC] in next stitch, *skip next chain, [1 sc, 1 DC] in next chain; repeat from * to end of row, chain 1, turn.
- Rows 3 – as may as you want: repeat row 2.