There are many many hats or half hats patterns out there. Since my crochet era started, I have struggled with many patterns that were either bad or not what I was looking for. Until, finally, I stumbled on the Facebook page ‘Crochet M@ssy Buns & Beanies – Free Patterns Only‘, all about hats and, more specifically: bun hats. Bun hats are not my favorite so I just finish them to a ‘normal’ hat…
Here is a collection of my ultra favorite patterns.
- M@ssy Bun Cable Hat by Bella from Haken en zoo [my ultra favorite that I finish as a full hat – see pictures below]. Here is the pdf and here is the video and another explanatory video if needed.
- BoHo Messy Bun Beanie by Yvonne Metz – pdf and video
- Chunky Messy Bun Hat By Jennifer Dickerson – pdf and video
- La Vie en Rose Earflap Hat – pattern
- Snow Country Ski Hat – pattern
- Bear Hugs Baby Beanie –pattern
- Lily Garden (Flower-topped Hat) – pattern
- Bulky Yarn 5 Weight Messy Bun Hat pattern for beginners – pdf
- Crocheted Basket Weave Messy Bun Hat by Diana Borgstrom-Breeschooten – video
- Delaney Hat – pdf
- Messy Bun Katniss – pdf and video in one color, video in tricolor.
- Moroccan Dreams Messy Bun Hat by Cari Reuman – pdf [see picture for row 5]
- Starr Stitch Messy Bun Beanie (and hat) – video
- Child Size Owl Messy Bun Hat pattern by Diana Borgstorm – pdf and video
- Crochet Frog Hat
- My Messy Bun Hat by Sarah Sach @ Posh Pooch Designs shows a video on how to modify to a regular beanie pattern into a bun hat or ponytail hat.