Happy Flower Day [for no reason]!
The dotty flower is a pattern by Julie Harrison. I just copied and pasted her pattern here for my own ease [with Jules’ kind authorization] … Please refer to her original pattern with photo tutorial.
In order to make a pillow or blanket, Jules explains how to add 2 extra rows to transform the flowers into an hexagon.
4 mm hook, small quantities of 8ply/DK yarn in 3 colours.
Yo, insert hook in stitch, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through 2 loops ( 2 loops left on hook) , yo, insert hook in same stitch, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through 2 loops (3 loops left on hook) , yo and pull through all loops on hook.
- Step 1 – *Yo twice, insert hook into 2 ch space, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops, leave last loop on hook (2 loops on hook) * .
- Repeat * to * (3 loops on hook).
- Step 2 – Yo 3 times, insert hook in skipped stitch of round 1, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops, leave last loop on hook (4 loops on hook).
- Repeat Step 1 into the same 2 ch space (6 loops on hook).
- Step 3- Yo and pull through all loops on hook.
Chain 4, slip stitch into 1st chain to form a ring.
- Round 1: ch2 (does not count as a stitch), 12 dc into ring, slip stitch join to 1st dc, fasten off.
- Round 2: Join next colour to any stitch, ch2, make a 2dc cluster into same stitch, *ch2, skip 1 stitch, make a 2dc cluster in next stitch, * . Repeat * to * 4 more times, to make 6 cluster, ending with 2ch and slip stitch join to 1st cluster. Fasten off.
- Round 3: Join next colour to any 2ch space. *Ch 4, make a petal cluster, ch 4, slip stitch into same 2 ch space, slip stitch into next 2ch space. * Repeat * to * making 6 petals around the flower in the 2 ch spaces of previous round. Slip stitch into 1st space to join, fasten off and weave in all threads.
Dotty Flower Hexagon
- Background Rd 1 – Join background colour to top of any petal, Ch1, *3sc in same stitch in top of petal, 5tr in stitch on top of Round 2 dots*, Repeat * to * 5 times, slip stitch to 1st sc.
- Background Round 2 – Ch1, Make 1 sc in each stitch of previous round, except in the corners of the hexagon where you make 3 sc in the same stitch, ( this will be the middle stitch of 3sc in top of each petal). Join with slip stitch to first sc. Bind off.