catastrophe, despair, frustration

One of the worst nightmares of any crocheteuse: running out of yarn at the end of a project.  Frustration and despair hit you like a bullet in the face.  You were so close to the finish line!  I feel your pain  … So what’s next?  Full of hope, you go through all your stashes trying – desperately – to find the matching yarn.  You just need a tiny bit to save your day [and project].   Unfortunately, it is the end.  And all you are left to do, after you took some time [depending how bad you feel] to digest your ‘situation’, is one of the following:

  • finish with another color which will be absolutely ugly and a constant reminder of your disaster.  Not so a good idea.
  • frog this last unfinished row and make it in another color.   Could work …
  • frog this incomplete row kin addition to the previous one to retrieve enough yarn do to the finishing row.  I guess this would be your best choice.

Voila.

Processed with VSCO with f2 preset

 

unyarnmissible

You get what you get … You pay less, you get cheap.   I got the same at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, not once but multiple times. And I can no longer keep quiet. While those companies offer a wide variety of attractive yarns in pretty colors, the quality is poor and there are knots!  I understand that quality is price-based but … knots… ????  The picture shows a knot in a brand new skein from Loops & Threads distributed by Michaels Stores.   Glad I discovered the Russion joint to minimize this uncontournable default.

*Lot 7299*
*Lot 7299*

don’t we hate it?

This will tell you who I am… My project was going to be a beanie hat for a friend of mine with cancer   I picked the color – turquoise – and since I had worked that pattern a few times, it was going to be a quick delivery.  Hell no!  First of all, I couldn’t find the instructions!  Secondly, I struggled with the magic ring.  So surfing online trying to put my hands on the pattern and a good magic ring video, I stumbled on this darling hat that I joked about on Facebook.  Well, the joke was that I was too young of a crocheteuse to jump into such a complicated design.  But this “cuello con capucha de osito a crochet” was sooo cute!

And here I am: frustrated with my initial project, I decided to take a detour of my idea and start this new hat. [my friend will get her hat, don’t worry!].

I love challenges but this one… The tutorial was in Spanish!!  [I am French speaking so the crochet in English is plenty enough] But I so wanted to do this!  You should see me going from the video, to a transaltion website trying to decode the stitches and get whatever this guapa was saying.  I soon realized that it was too much time consuming and scrollling down her YouTube page for more details, I suddenly got all the written explanations and a subtitled video!  Madre Mia!

Unfortunately that didn’t end my misery…  Look at my picture and you will understand why!!!  And this is the third time it happens  to me.  Si Señora!

Feel free to give me some advice otherwise I will have to learn Spanish for real!  Hopefully Helena will read this…